- Built in 1920.
- Ellevation approximatly 3000 feet above see level.
- Height approximatly 70 feet tall.
- Located on Red Hill, in the Catskill Mountain State Park, State Forest
Preserve, Denning Township, Ulster County, New York State, USA.
- Closed in 1991.
- Restoration under the auspices of NYSDEC and the Catskill Center for
Conservation and Development, five Volunteer Citizen Committees are
restoring the five remaining towers in the Catskills.
- The Red Hill Fire Tower Committee
PO Box 24, Grahamsville, New York 12740
- Reopen in 2000 (July 15).
- Access is a 1.5 mile hiking path from Dinch Road on Red Hill.
Schedule for 2006:
The Red Hill Fire Tower Cab and Cabin will be open and staffed every Saturday and Sunday, 10 AM to 4 PM, from June 17th to October 8th, including holiday Mondays of July 4th, September 4th, and October 9th. Guides will not go up in the fog or rain. Hike up, see the beautiful view, and visit with our Guides.